Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Am Really On Track This Month

I'm really psyched this month. I have spent about $15 for groceries so far, but, have received more than $18 in rebates, so, I am way ahead of the game right now. There's still a 1/2 a month to go, but, the only thing of substance I see in the future is more cat food.

I'm going to take a lot of HBA to the flea market next month. I'll let you know how well I do. I just need to get my non-food stockpile under control. The only food item I'm taking is Kraft BBQ sauce. As you recall, I bought 22 bottles for about .09 ea. If I can sell them for .50-.75 each, I will have really made out well on that deal.

I really made out well a couple of days ago at CVS. They had Coke 12-pack cans for 4/$13. I had 4 free coupons, so, all I paid was $1.01 in tax. Didn't really "pay" that; I used a free GC for that part. Then, I received a $3 ECB for my purchase. The manager and I were talking about my free coupons and he asked where I got them. We discussed the MyCokeRewards program briefly. He told me that his house goes through 4 packs a week and they don't save their codes. I said, "You just stabbed my heart with an ice pick!" I can't believe people just throw away money.

I just redeemed some MyPoints for a $25 Olive Garden GC. All you have to do over at MyPoints is click on the emails they send you. I think I may have purchased something through their portal some time ago. I don't shop a lot online. Heck, I barely shop anywhere! It takes a while, but, eventually you collect enough points for a GC of some kind. It takes practically no effort and it really pays off.

No comments: