Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update--How The Month Is Going

I strayed a bit from the program today. I was able to get a couple of Hormel refrigerated entrees for $2.99 ea. They are on sale this week @ $4.99 and I was able to print a couple of $2 Qs from their website. Still, I've only spent about $20 this month and it's already the 23rd of the month! I've even been able to get 20 lbs. of cat food and still haven't spent much money. This is definitely a good thing, considering how far overboard I went a couple of months earlier this year.

I was at my favorite CVS this morning. I told the manager that I would be on vacation for 10 days. He said, "I'll have to lay off an employee due to the reduction in sales if you're gone for 10 days!" I bought 2 of the Thermacare, used 2 $1 Qs and a $3 ECB, got $4.98 ECB back. I'm not as good at rolling ECBs as some people. I'm trying, but, there's a lot of things that are free after ECB that I just don't care about buying. It really has to have value to me for me to do that.

It's a little early in the month, but, I cleared out all June expiring Qs from my binder today. I don't anticipate anyone wanting a nearly expired Q in trade this week. I hate seeing all those beautiful Qs going out in the trash, but, the upside is that I can now zip my binder all the way around!

No comments: