Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm Using! I'm Using!

I prepared a huge meal yesterday and used eight stockpile items. Of course, it made enough to last for four days, so, I guess I won't be using so much out of stockpile for the next few days. Double bonus; everything turned out really well. I have to admit that my cooking is hit or miss. Sometimes I can turn out something fantastic, sometimes the cats get a special meal.

I had $5 in OYNO at Bi-Lo that I had to use yesterday. The only thing I really needed was half-and-half, so, I browsed the produce section to spend the rest. I told you about the great deal I got on mushrooms, so, I thought, a saute of bell pepper, Vidalia onion, and mushrooms. Bought what I needed for that and picked up a few bananas. Now, I was sure that I had $5.05 worth (needed to spend that extra nickel since I'd get it for bag credit). I checked out at the self-checkout (I really hate those, but, the lines were long elsewhere) and found that I hadn't come as close to $5.05 as I had thought. I needed to throw something else in there and quick. There were some candy bars right next to the counter (of course, don't they always?) and I grabbed a bag of M&Ms. Scanned those, they were 1/2 price, still needed another one to get over the top. Now, I'm not crazy about spending my money on candy when I could have bought something a bit more substantial, but, there it is. That's how I went about spending my free coupons. I ended up spending .72, most of which was tax.

I think I'll drop the M&M bags into the bottomless pit I call a pocketbook. Sometime when I least expect it, I'll come across a bag as I dig for my wallet or lipstick and have a treat!

No comments: