Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What Is It About A New Month, Or A New Year, That Makes Us Think We Can Do Great Things?

It's a new month and I'm pumped up about the grocery game. I checked the freezer today; there's a half-dozen Hormel entrees which make 3 meals each for me, I have about a week's worth of spaghetti sauce, and miscellaneous other things, like French fries and fried shrimp. There's ice cream, but, I don't really eat it too much. If I don't eat it soon, I fear it will fall victim to freezer burn and have to be thrown out. Well, not exactly thrown out. I'll put it in a dish and put outside for the cats. Hey! At least something (somebody?) will get the benefit of it. I have an ample supply of side dishes to prepare to go along with the Hormel entrees. I have some of those divided, microwavable plates. When I prepare a Hormel and some sides, I put the balance of it in the plates and then on nights when I just don't want to prepare anything, there it is, just waiting on me. O.K. You all know me pretty well. Most every night is a night I don't want to prepare a meal! I do fine if I prepare a full meal in the middle of the day, I just run out of energy by suppertime.

I seem to be missing a cat. There are so many around the house that it took me a few days to realize that Harry is missing. She is kind of sick, born with something that makes her eyes water and nose run. I treated her with meds for over a year and it didn't make a lick of difference for her. I rescued her when she was about 3 weeks old. I found her crying on a busy highway. I started crying and scooped her up and took her home. I think maybe her momma got run over near where I found her. She was so young, I really didn't think she'd survive, but, I just kept giving her evaporated milk with a little food soaked in it and she thrived. All my cats are rescue cats. My vet says that people don't pick cats; cats pick people. I wish I weren't so popular!

I'd really like to make it a week before I spend any grocery money. That will really give me momentum to make it through the month. I promise I'm going to do better than last month.

No comments: