Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This Is Why We Have Stockpiles

I have an 85-year-old neighbor with whom I have tried to befriend, only for him to think I had romantic intentions. I have had to keep him at arm's length for quite a while. Well, today he came over to tell me that a "lady friend" had stolen his checkbook and forged over $1,200 in checks. Well, he said that he only had $1.20 and put that much gas in the car to get back home. He said he had a handful of oyster crackers at home and nothing else. Well, even though he's acted inappropriately with me in the past, you know what I did. I jumped into action and bagged up about $75 worth of groceries. He said he would replace everything and I told him that I did not want him to do that, that I save a bundle using coupons, and he could never buy it as cheaply as I had done.

Look, I'm not bragging on myself. You all know that what I did is the real reason we all have such tremendous stockpiles, or are working on getting one. We don't necessarily just help people we like; we help people who need help.

For everyone who has ever taught me a couponing trick, an insider view, or done anything to enhance my couponing abilities, I say, "thank you." You are the reason that I was able to rise to the occasion today.


Oh, yeah. Got an $8 rebate today. Good thing. I said that I wanted to make it a week before I went to the store. I was out of town last night and on the way home, passed by the Monterrey Mushroom facility. Well, I didn't pass it by. I pulled in and bought a 3 lb. bag of mushrooms for $4. I NEVER buy mushrooms in the store because I know that soon, I will be able to go to the mushroom farm and buy a giant bag for only $4. You just pull up to the guardshack and the guard brings them to your car. Oh, man, you know it's out in the country to get service like that!

No comments: