Saturday, October 10, 2009

Enrollment Open Again

I was able to wrangle a few more referrals for the GC for junk mail program. If you are interested in joining, email me at vickiburtonlives@bigfoot.com with your name, address, and email address and I will get you signed up. I just redeemed my September points for a $20 O'Charley's GC yesterday. When I went on vacation earlier this year, I don't think I spent any money at restaurants. I was flush with Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, and Chili's GC.

I mentioned that I'd been holding onto all my free Qs for the turkey promotion. Since my store is not doing the turkey thing this year, I had to get busy redeeming these Qs. A lost of them expire Oct. 31. I shopped yesterday, spent $5 and used $29 in Qs. The $5 was mostly tax. The cats got a whole lot of treats! I'v been flooded with trades and I guess I have about a dozen of the free Friskies treats.

Just for laughs, I'll tell you that I'm back on the taco merry-go-round again. You know how it goes. You open a box of tacos, and the meat you've prepared doesn't fill all the taco shells. So, you make more taco meat. This time, you have to open another box of taco shells to use up the rest of the meat. Now, you've got leftover taco shells again. You have to keep the merry-go-round going because you are still trying to use up the sour cream and diced tomatoes before they go bad. By the time I can ever get all of it to work out and use up the last of all the ingredients, I should be able to converse in Spanish!

I have a question for someone out there. I found a sirloin tip roast for $2.99 lb. last week. Now, I don't buy that too much, but, I knew in my heart that $2.99 was a sweet deal. You can't even get hamburger meat for $2.99 lb. anymore, can you? Anyway, just wondered if I should take the roast to the meat market at my store and get them to grind it. Ground sirloin is certainly usually more expensive than that. I use ground beef a lot more than roasts because of my esophageal spasms. I usually get choked on meat, that is, dense meats like roast or pork chops, those kinds of things. So, grind it or take my chances with a crock pot roast with veggies?

No comments: