Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm Really Glad I Splurged On The Sirloin Tip

I had that sirloin tip ground and when I got home, cooked most of it up and put it in approximately 1 lb. portions in the freezer. Last night, I wanted something warm to eat while watching the baseball game and I thought about that. So, with a pouch of meat, an envelope of taco mix, and some jar cheese and Tostitos, I had a fabulous plate of nachos. I liked it so much I did it again for lunch today. The jar of Tostitos queso was free when I bought 2 bags of chips. I still had sour cream from the last taco merry-go-round. I'm flush with taco seasoning envelopes (at least 2 dozen, I guess)and jars of salsa. I think when I was accumulating so many envies of taco sauce, I made it a rule to never spend more than a dime for each one. Tacos! Nachos! Hablo espanol!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great treat. I have to remember this one for next months challenge on HCW.

vickib52 said...

Tammy, I don't know your household make-up, but, if you live alone or even with just one person, you really need something in the fridge that can be put together at a moment's notice. Some seasoned beef, a jar of cheese, and some nacho chips and you are good to go. Microwave about a minute, then, "slop" on some salsa and sour cream. It's like going to Chili's in your pajamas! I really like this combination as well as hard tacos with the same ingredients. All Tostitos chips are just taco shells broken up. You can make a "hot meal" without breaking a sweat. Oh, yeah, a jar of petite diced tomatoes to add to the mix. A jar will last quite a while because of it's acidity, oh, refrigerated, of course!