Thursday, October 1, 2009

September End-Of-Month Accounting

I spent a total of $87.64 for the month of September. That leaves me to spend for the next 3 months, $85 per month to make goal this year.

I have used $2,550 in coupons, store card savings, and non-purchased gift cards so far this year. My Q use is 73% of my grocery bill. I really hadn't expected to do that well this year. I remember being in the grocery store in January and a woman struck up a conversation with me when she saw my coupon binder. I told her that I wanted to hit 68% coupon use this year, but, that I wouldn't be too disappointed if it were a bit less than that.

I've mentioned the Eight O'Clock Accumul8 program here in the past. I just received an email to inform me that the program is ending on 12/31 and that a "new" program will be rolled out in 2010. They are no longer taking referrals, but, if you are an existing member, you can still enter codes through the end of the year and redeem for whatever is left in their catalog. I consider myself lucky that I had enough to get the $25 Visa GC earlier this year. When I redeemed for it, it cost 2,500 points. Now, a $25 check costs 3,500 points.

There was a recent Michael Angelo's promo; buy 4 single-serve, get 4 Qs in return. I jumped on that. I love the convenience of those entrees, especially when I'm tired or just not wanting to cook. They mistakenly sent me 2 sets of 4 Qs. What a lovely surprise!

No comments: