Wednesday, October 7, 2009

No Free Turkey This Year!

I was outside looking for my newspaper before 6:00am to see the grocery ads. RATS!! It looks like my store is not doing the turkey promotion this year. In the past, it has run for 7 or 8 weeks before Thanksgiving so that you would have the opportunity to earn a turkey point every week with a $35 minimum purchase. Well, it's 7 weeks before T Day and there's a big nothing going on.

I think Food Lion is doing one, but, their minimum purchase to get a point is $45, or so I've heard. I don't really like FL anyway. I guess I'll just have to get over not getting a free turkey this year. Don't you hate it when you get all worked up over the possibility of receiving something and then you don't get it? I'm trying to be a "grown up" about this, but, really, I wanted my turkey!

No comments: