Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Well, I've Really Got My Butt In A Bind Now

Over at HCW, I joined the November challenge. I said I could do it with $50. What?! I must be crazy. I do have a 16 lb. bag of cat food laid back, but, I need litter. Other than milk, bread, coffee cream, and a few fruits and veggies, I think I can make do with what I have. Seriously, though, how am I and 10 cats going to make it on $50 for the month? According to the rules, that includes eating out, too. I have a fair amount of restaurant GC to use, but, I do have a habit of driving through Mickey D's for a cup of coffee. I have Starbucks GC, but, their coffee tastes like swill! I guess I'll burn those GC next month when I'm out and about.

I think I have enough Cokes to make it through November. That's my weakness, I admit. I may have to make more iced tea and drink fewer Cokes. That's O.K. I have PLENTY of tea and enough sugar and the no-calorie sweetener (why can't I remember the name?) to make do. Oh, Splenda. That's it. I have several (maybe a dozen) boxes of Splenda for practically nothing.

I have to do a lot of traveling in November for business. Most places I'll be staying have a microwave available and I have a dozen free Qs for Michael Angelo's entrees. Guess I'll be eating in most of the time. One place I have to visit allows me $50 in room service. I'm loving that! Also, I think every place I'll be staying has a free breakfast. I think I can make it.

Cheer me on. I'm looking for any support.

Oh, yeah, has anyone joined the Eight O'Clock Accumul8 Rewards program? It ends, as it currently stands, on Dec. 31. I think they are rolling out a new program next year. Let's see if it's worth fooling with. Another rewards program, Stouffer's, is also ending Dec. 31. Maybe they'll roll out another program next year. I've gotten a few free Qs for food from that program.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I believe that you will do just fine. I've been reading your blog and all your older post since April. I'm going to be joining the november challenge also. My budget, including eating out, will be $500 for a family of 4 and just one dog. I'm sure that seems like a lot to you, but I use to spend $1400. I have more than enough stockpiled and have enjoyed the challenge. We can cheer each other on. I go by tambro on HCW.

See Ya Soon.

vickib52 said...

Thanks for chiming in, Tammy. I feel like when I am accountable to people with a name and not just "hits," I tend to pay more attention to what I am doing. I've got to be out of town for the first week of November, but, I think I've figured out how to eat for practically nothing. Almost every place I'll be staying has a microwave and I have several free Michael Angelo's entree Qs. Also, one place I'm staying, I'm allowed to order up to $50 for dinner room service and with my AAA card, I'm getting a free breakfast there which usually runs about $16 ea. Every other hotel where I'll be staying has a free breakfast, some better than others. I'm O.K. as long as I have some good coffee and "real" half-and-half to go in it!

I'll be watching for your posts during the November challenge. I hope you do well. In fact, I hope you do better than me! How's that for gamesmanship?