Monday, November 9, 2009

Free Eggs, Free Food, Fun Stuff

Well, I found the "egg man" at the flea market Saturday and traded my egg cartons for 3 dozen eggs. I asked him if it was O.K. to do this every 3 or 4 weeks and he agreed. Oh, yeah, he sells roosters, goats, and rabbits there on the weekend. I think I know what happens to the rabbits. I'm not sure what fate awaits the goat. If it was a nanny, I'd suspect someone wanted it for its milk. The billy, though, I'm not sure about.

The wedding on Saturday was beautiful. We were treated to a 5-course, sit-down reception. The food was fabulous and all the wine served was from Chile. The bartender was busy making mojitos and another drink that I can't spell that is considered the "national drink" of Chile. The hotel where we stayed that night had a complimentary breakfast. It was rather complete, not just a continental.

The hotel I'm in now had a manager's reception yesterday evening with free drinks for 2 hours and a full, cooked-to-order breakfast this morning. I was able to get a rock-bottom rate at this hotel, probably 1/2 the regular rate. I just happened upon a good deal here. At any rate, free drinks, free breakfast, it works for me.

No comments: