Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm Going To Cash In On Those Free Eggs Tomorrow

The flea market out of town near here goes on only Saturday and Sunday. I'm going to go see the "egg man" and trade in my cartons for free eggs. Later in the day, I'll be traveling to Atlanta to my cousin's wedding. I'll be on the road for 5 nights. I perform mystery shops for several companies at hotels and restaurants. That's what's keeping me busy for the next week. I will still be living "close to the bone" throughout my travels. I don't expect to spend much money while I am gone.

I've spent $20.11 so far this month. I have joined a group on HCW to spend no more than $50 in November. I think I can do it. I'm going to have to! The end of the year is a little ways off for now and I'm closing in on my budgeted amount.

Cheer me on. I need your support. I want to be accountable to you and show you that I can really do this.

2 comments:

Jenn Mc said...

I like reading your thread on HCW. You can do it!! Keep going & inspiring us all ;)

vickib52 said...

Thanks, Jenn. I'm getting into serious mode now that I'm in the home stretch. I went to the flea market yesterday and traded my egg cartons for 3 dozen eggs. Not bad, huh? I have a generous supply of egg cartons. I know a lady who has a bakery and she saves her egg cartons for me. I know it seems like a little thing, but, think of it this way; the egg cartons aren't going to the landfill, she feels good recycling the cartons, I was able to find someone who needs them, and I get something of value in return.

You know, I am seriously thinking of doing another challenge for 2010, but, cutting the budget down to a thousand dollars. I must be out of my mind to consider it!