Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Day Of The Month EEK! Spending Already

I had to pick up a few things from the grocery today. I spent $17, but, used more than $70 in Qs. Quite a %, don't you think?

I found some chicken drumsticks marked down, then, with a store Q, AND a man. Q. Awesome! I got 3 pounds of drumsticks for $1.77 plus tax. Sixty cents a pound sounds awfully good to me.

A funny thing happened to me at Target this morning. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but, I was itching to do the Glade Christmas scents deal again for another $5 Target GC. I ended up buying 10 items for the promo, using lots of really great Qs. At the register, the computer prompted the cashier to only give me (1) GC. I didn't want to argue with her, so, I went to customer service. After a lot of back and forth, even the supervisor said the deal must have ended. How can that be? The cashier gave me (1) $5 GC. She had no clue, so, I said, well, I'll just return 5 of the items. She was happy to oblige. Since I had used so many Qs and really worked at making it a great deal, the credit she put on my CC was actually more than what I had originally paid. I still haven't figured out how it happened. All in all, I came away with 5 Glade candle items, 1 bottle of shaving cream, I recieved $2.35 after all the charges and credits were done, I received a $5 Target GC, and I was able to send off for a $5 cash rebate to my cousin. She saves Coke codes for me. I try to do something for her as often as I can. Now, that is a seriously good deal!

CVS had an ECB deal on the Glade this week. I did one of those and besides using some good Qs, received $3 in ECB for the deal. I also bought the Softsoap hand soap in the designer bottles. Here's where I messed up. There is a $5 rebate on the Glade items and a $4 rebate on the Softsoap. I should have done 2 transactions so that I would have 2 cash tapes, but, messed up and put it all one one. It's not that bad. I've maxed out the $5 Glade rebates, so, I only "lost" a rebate I could have sent to my cousin. She won't know the difference, but, boy, does it nag me to have made that mistake.

I need to take a pledge right now to stay away from further Glade deals. I have a bag full of Glade candles. I don't usually buy stuff like that, but, when it's free or nearly so, with GC and rebates to go along with it, I guess I'm just weak.

I've got about $33 left to spend this month. Let's see if I can do it.

Oh, yeah, another great deal I came across. I know a woman who owns a bakery in town. She's been saving empty egg cartons for me and you can imagine how many she goes through with a bakery. I went to a local flea market today and found a man who sells eggs. I made an agreement with him to exchange 16 empty egg cartons for a dozen of fresh eggs. He didn't have any eggs left when I was there, but, next Saturday, I'm going to get 3 dozen eggs free for just 48 egg cartons. By the time I us all those eggs, I'll certainly have enough egg cartons to do it again. Please, ladies and gentlemen, give me a big hand for putting that deal together!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

You are truely awesome. Way to barter for what you need.

vickib52 said...

Thanks, Tammy. I gotta pat myself on the back for that one. I started at it backwards; getting the egg cartons first and then finding a chicken farmer.

ddg said...

Sri Lankan Food Recipes