Saturday, November 28, 2009

O.K., I Admit It's Not Grocery Related, But, I'm Still Just As Excited

Today, I received a $30 GC from Office Depot for past purchases and trading in old ink cartridges. I also received a $10 GC to Chili's, etc. The Chili's GC was from points earned doing surveys. No, I don't remember which one!

I don't know if I've shared this before, but, I am a mystery shopper. I pretty much only do hotel shops. I limit it to those kinds of shops due to the points I can earn in the different company's frequent stay programs. I have enough points in one program to stay a week in Hawaii next May. I really can't give more details than that due to the confidentiality agreements. If you have heard of mystery shopping and think you would be interested, my best advice is to go to www.volition.com to check out all the mystery shopping companies in North America. There's nearly 300 of them the last time I checked. You have to sign up with each one individually and that takes a lot of time, but, you will be rewarded with free dinners, free hotel nights, and some, not much, cash. If you see an ad that says you can go shopping at your favorite stores and keep all that you buy and be reimbursed by the mystery shop company, don't believe it. It's pie in the sky. Almost every retail store shop I've ever done requires that you return the purchase in a separate transaction. Fees are usually in the $10 range. I don't really do retail that much. I prefer to stick to my hotel shops. I do them a lot and practice makes perfect. I'm pretty good at it. Just a thought to those who have some time on your hands.

No comments: