Friday, November 13, 2009

How About Some Feedback On A 2010 Challenge?

I'm thinking of continuing my challenge into next year. I was thinking of making it the same as 2009, but, I think I want to make it more interesting. Now, consider, I've been living off of a lot of stockpile for the past year and a half. I'm also giving away some of it for Christmas gifts. I sold a lot at the flea market during the summer, too.

I'm really seriously considering a $1,000 oop budget for 2010. I think I could do it. Well, I WISH I could do it. What happens if I fall on my face?

I was just looking over my pantry and I find an awful lot of tuna, rice, and boxed and pouch potatoes. There's enough jelly and jam for an army unit. As long as the bakery lady gives me her egg cartons, I'm getting free eggs at the flea market. As far as non-food items, I'm good. Plenty of shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. Plenty of paper plates (I hate to wash dishes), plenty of dish detergent (when I HAVE to wash dishes), and cleaning supplies. I think I actually have enough aluminum foil for a year or more.

Let me know what you think. If you have any good recipes for stockpile stuff, please send them to me. I've got so many cans of French's French fried onions that I'm actually sick of looking at them! I know about rolling chicken in the crumbs to bake, but, what else can I do with them? I'm still sitting on a few jars of roasted peppers and marinated roasted peppers. Don't have a clue what to do with them. Come on, people! Help me out!

Let me know what you think about my 2010 plans. I need some input.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Vicki,

Just read your post today. With all the cats you feed, I think it would be quite a challenge to do $1000 for the year. Depending on what you have in your stockpile for food, I think you will be able to do it.

I have a few recipes for tuna that I will post on my site if you are interested. One is an asian style tuna salad that you eat in wonton cups made in muffin tins and brushed with sesame oil. I also have a good recipe for a sicilian tuna salad that is out of this world. As for the roasted red peppers, they are great in a tortalini pasta salad made with ranch dressing and cheese or chicken filled pasta.

I hope you continue your challenge and look forward to helping you with stockpile recipes. Come visit me sometime. I have an awesome recipe for Canadian Maple Turkey Chili posted on my site.

By the way, how's your Dad doing? I'm been thinking of him and praying for both of you. I hope he's doing well.

Have a Great Day and I see you at HCW.

vickib52 said...

Tammy, I have some cautiously optimistic news about my dad. He had a very new procedure done last week or so. It is an ultrasound gadget that goes down in the stomach and gets a better picture of the pancreatic tumor. It showed that the tumor has shrunk and that IT HAS HOLES IN IT like it is dying. We will learn more next Monday.