Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Great Shopping Day

I was able to use over $31 in Qs today without spending a dime. I received a rebate last week, so, what little I bought today, I used the rebate money to pay.

I received $125 in GC today for no money. I received $50 CVS, $25 TGI Fridays, $25 Olive Garden, and $25 Chili's. Twenty-five dollars in CVS GC was due to a prescription being filled. The rest I received from a program where I send my junk email and snail mail about insurance offers, financial offers, credit card offers, all that sort of thing. I've mentioned this before, I think. I've been a member about a year and have received about $350 in GC for my participation.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to continue the challenge for 2010 on $1,000 total out of pocket. I've spent the day going through my non-food stockpile, counting, boxing it up, rearranging, cleaning. Even after selling at the flea market for over 2 months last summer, I still have more than 50 bottles of body wash! I didn't even count the tubes of toothpaste. There was just too much. Something I found while digging around; a large supply of good quality facial cleansers. If I can just ignore the drug store flyers in 2010, I'm going to be in good shape.

My best estimate for cat food and cat litter for a year is $500. There's not much I can do if I go over; I'm not turning away a pretty face. When females are in heat or gestating, they take up under my house. A couple of times a year, I get a glimpse of kittens coming out from under the house. I'm such a sucker for felines. I'd really like to have a Labrador, but, I don't think that would be a good mix for all the cats. If I'm going to have a dog, I'm going to have a "real" dog; something big that can bark like he's going to kill someone.

No comments: