Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

I wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving Day. I hope that you are able to spend time with family and friends today. I will spend a few hours with my parents and some of my step-mother's relatives.

I don't have any "grocery" news for you today, but, I did receive a GC for a free order of Bang-Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill in the mail yesterday. Bonefish is very expensive and I have only eaten there a couple of times, but, I think I could drop in to visit the bar and use my GC. It says, "with purchase," but, does not specify any further.

I've noticed quite a bit of this lately; you eat at a casual dining restaurant and get a receipt with a code. You answer their brief survey and give you a validation code to get something off your next order or to get something absolutely free. I have a $4 off an entree Q for O'Charley's that expires Sunday. I understand that they have a pretty good Sunday brunch, so, I may give it a try. It helps that I have a free $10 GC to eat there! In fact, I used a free GC to eat there and then received this Q! That's like hitting a home run, isn't it? I also have a Q for a free appetizer at TGI Fridays. Same deal; I used a free GC to eat there and then got a Q for more free food. Actually, I have two free appetizer at TGIF; I received a Q good for today only for a free one. They open at 4:00pm today. I guess I'll have to go after I recover from our turkey dinner!

Take a moment today to tell someone how they have enriched your life and that you are thankful that they are in your life. You never know; it may be your last chance. There's real power in thankfulness.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love these free deals also. We did a lot of the kids eat free deals when they were younger. My son is almost 13 and 120 lbs. He's a football player and the kids meals just don't cut it. LOL.

Thanks so much Vicki for including me on your blog list. I think that you are the first to do this and it really means a lot to me.

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and everyone (including the cats) are doing well.