Friday, November 20, 2009

I Finally Broke Down & Bought Some Groceries Today

My store was having an incredible sale on apple pie filling, Comstock, I think. I had a Q and it was BOGOF. Who can pass that up? Anyway, I bought a few needed items and some not-so-needed items. You know how it is. Great buy, Qs, you just can't resist.

I received a puny little $1.74 in rebates today. I counted that against the total I bought. I'm expecting about $36 in rebates before the end of the year. That's going to buy a lot of cat food!

I have happened upon a sure-fire way of staying at home in the evening and not going out to a restaurant. I have 1 lb. portions of browned ground beef in the freezer, many envelopes of taco seasoning, sour cream, and tortilla chips. I have an abundance of salsa as well. I keep some ground beef in the fridge and with a jar of cheese or a bag of shredded cheese, I'm well on my way to tacos or nachos. I love that stuff. My cats love to lick the plate after I finish. A little meat, some cheese, they are just in heaven. It's a wonder they ever go back to cat food after I give them stuff like this.

Off-topic and sad; I had to serve papers on a woman today with a restraining order that she cannot have unsupervised visits with her children. The youngest is 3 years old. I don't know the whole back-story, but, a judge was convinced to take her children away and to demand supervised visits. She seemed like such a nice girl, but, there's no way for me to know much about her. My job is kind of crummy sometimes. It's a living; what can I say?

No comments: