Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Feeling Pretty Cocky

I'm seriously considering a $1,000 grocery budget for 2010. I know I have a lot of cats to care for, but, I've been digging around the house, taking inventory of all my stuff, and I think I can do it. Just think how long 50 bottles of body wash will last, not to mention the 20+ bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I have so much toothpaste that I haven't even tried to count it. I think I have 40-50 toothbrushes. I have a huge inventory of facial cleanser and moisturizer. I can't think of anything else I could possibly need.

The food? I can eat tuna fish sandwiches until I die! I get free eggs from the flea market, so, making tuna salad is not a problem. The freezer is full. I could give up cokes and start drinking more tea. I have more boxes of tea than I can count. The pantry is still full, even though I've been living off of it for a year and a half. As you can see, I'm trying to talk myself into committing to a $1,000 budget for the year. Maybe I'm way off base, but, I can see a year's worth on the shelf.

How much penance will I have to do if I fail?

No comments: