Sunday, October 5, 2008

I did it again, I went shopping for non-essentials again!

Give me credit for not doing the K-Mart doubles. I resisted completely. I did, however, go to CVS this morning and buy a bunch of stuff I don't need; I used $11.99 in ECB, some Qs, and $1.94 off my free GC and got back $23.50 in ECB. I went next door to the grocery for some milk. I've been out for several days. I had 2 of those $2.25 Electrosol Qs that expire today. They were marked down this week to $3.79 and I bought 2. Here's the embarrassing thing; I don't own a dishwasher. I'm determined that someday I will have one. I'm trying to win one. I may break down and buy one. I may move into a place that has one. One way or another, "with God as my witness," (Miss Scarlett O'Hara) I will have a dishwasher and I'll be all set with detergent. O.K., so after all Qs and GC used, I spent a total of $2.40 today. Oh, yeah, I got a rebate of $3.79 in the mail yesterday. I still have about $50 to spend this month.

I have gotten all my Christmas stuff together, boxed, bagged, wrapped, and tagged everything. Unless I think of someone else that I've forgotten, I'm all done. I don't usually go shopping the day after Christmas, but, a couple or three days later, I start shopping for next year. I pick up little things all year long and put away. Then, when October rolls around, I am done. My family members are getting file boxes full of HBA, cleaning, food, and toys. Almost everything came out of stockpile. I generally figured it up and there's about $125 worth of stuff in each box. I made 5 boxes. That doesn't include toys for the little girls. They all got Disney princess stuff. I think they are all ape over that stuff.

I want to share a little bit about why I haven't been preparing regular meals; I'm going through a rough patch with my health. Six years ago, I weighed 280+ pounds. I had gastric bypass surgery and lost down to 150. I was very happy with that. For the past year, though, I have not been well and I am down to 112. I have had several tests run lately and hopefully can find out what is wrong and try to correct it. Eating is sometimes very hard for me. My esophagus goes into spasms and traps my food. That is extremely painful and sometimes last for 6 hours before my esophagus "lets go" and my food can travel. Of course, that makes me afraid to eat. I would blow away in a strong wind, but, the funny thing is, I never feel hungry. When I eat, or try to, it's just because I need to. I don't ever feel like, "Oh, I'm hungry. Let's see what's here." Even so, I am trying hard to live off of stockpile as much as possible. I'm running out of applesauce and yogurt, two things I can get down with little problem.

No comments: