Thursday, October 9, 2008

I've gotten some rebates lately.

So far this month, I have received $9.77 in rebates. I started the month with $60.76, I believe. For all purchases, including cat food, I have only spent $16.03 this month. It looks like I am in pretty good shape right now. I did use the rest of my Bi-Lo GC and I used an ECB of $11.99, but, I got back $23.50 in ECB, and have used a couple of dollars on my CVS GC.

I'm struggling over a dilemna; Bi-Lo has the Green Giant boxed veggies for $1 a box this week. With Qs, that would make them .50 per box and I could get 10. I'm torn because this whole challenge is to see how far my stockpile will take me, on the other hand, .50 GG veggies is pretty hard to walk away from. I think the regular price is something like $1.79 now. Here's the other problem; knowing that I could have had them for .50 each means that I would NEVER pay full price for them, even if I was completely out! I have a few days to think it over. Right now I'm leaning toward doing the deal. I have $54 to work with as of today.

Have you heard about the promotion from Eight O'Clock coffee called Accumul8? You join up and then enter the info off of your bag of coffee to earn points. I wish I'd known about this a long time ago. I shudder to think how many bags have gone in the garbage. Anyway, with 2,500 points you can get a $25 Visa GC. Each code is worth 140 points and if your code doesn't have all the required information, you can mail it in and they will send you a special code for redemption. I've had to do that because some of my coffee bags have been in the house 2 years or more and back then they weren't coded with all the information they have on them today. With only 700 points, you can get a special coffee mug and a Q for a free bag of coffee. If you drink coffee, it's a pretty good promotion.

As I expected, dinner last night was a repeat of the night before. That's O.K. I really don't mind doing that once in a while. Oh, the coconut cream pie? I still had 1/2 of it and my dad came by for something. I sent it home with him. I talked to him a couple of hours later and asked him if he'd tasted the pie. He said that between him and his wife, the pie was already gone! I guess that means I am free to make the pineapple upside down cake today. I have some leftover crushed pineapple from the chicken dish a few nights ago. I wonder if I would ruin the cake if I added a small amount of crushed pineapple to the batter? Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

No comments: