Friday, October 10, 2008

I gave in and bought the veggies.

O.K. I couldn't resist the GG boxed veggies. I bought 12. I also bought 2 of that new Palmolive dish soap with a TMF offer with it. It turns out to be a money maker when using double Qs. If I do one for me and one for my mom, it will be a total of $5.98 back. In total, I spent $10.87 for all of that. I also went to CVS and got 3 more Soleil, used ECBs, Qs, and had to use a few cents of my GC. No oop there. Walked out with another $12 ECB.

I figured out exactly what the GG veggies cost after Qs and adding tax; .56 each. There's no way to walk away from that deal!

I'm still stuck on the grilled cheese sandwich wagon. It seems like every time I make one, I actually have more cheese left, rather than less. It's creeping me out and I'm getting really tired of the sandwich. Sometimes I make tuna salad or egg salad for a sandwich to break up the boredom.

I think tonight is going to be a night when I nuke a single serve entree. I have to go out and work during the dinner hour, rush hour, every other kind of nuisance you can think of and when I get home, I will be too jangled to fool with supper. I am a process server and there is a special circumstance where I must serve someone at 6:00pm today. Unusual for me to serve that late in the day, but, it is the only time we know where the defendant will be. Also, there will be baseball on TV. Ya'll know by now I don't cook during a baseball game!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job ! I was going to post that you should go out and buy the veggies. After all, since this is about using your stockpile, you need to have a stockpile to use...right.
IKWYM about the cheese - make some pig in blankets and wrap strips of the cheese around the dogs before the biscuits. Slice it thin and put it in a salad. Melt it on some of your veggies. Make homemade mac and cheese.

Have fun!