Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm a bit over budget right now.

I had to have drain cleaner today and while I was in the store, I found a large bag of salad for .99 and a large fruit bowl for .99. I'm not eating enough fruits and veggies lately, so, I thought these would be good to have around. With the drain cleaner, I spent $5.24. I think I only had $4.63 to work with, which means I'm over by .61 or so.

I bought some other things, too, but, I think they can justifiably be put in office expense. I make up gift baskets for my lawyers, secretaries, and paralegals every Christmas. I bought the one-pot specialty coffees, flavored hot chocolate envelopes, and apple cider envelopes. Since these were purchased for a business use, I think it should go in office expense.

Well, I got the kitchen drain working again, so, there goes my excuse for not cooking! I found a recipe for a chicken pot pie using canned chicken. I have all the ingredients on hand, so, I think I will do that tonight. It says it makes 6 servings, so, I am going to do this in 2 smaller casserole dishes and just take the whole dish next door.

I've been eating pasta and meat sauce for the past 2 or 3 days. I don't really get tired of it very often, but, I'm going to take a night off from spaghetti and make the chicken dish. To tell you the truth, many nights I just have a bowl of cereal for supper. I will see the doctor again on Monday and see if she has come up with any clues about what is wrong with me and why I am so tired and losing weight. And besides, I have almost 40 boxes of cereal. Gotta eat what I have!

It depends on how I feel in the next few weeks, but, I think I am going to CA for Christmas. My cousin is a career Marine, now a First Sgt., and I don't think he can come home this year. I don't want him to be alone on Christmas, so, I'm trying to work out something to be there with him. He's one of my "baby" cousins, about 12 years younger than I. When he was a toddler, I tormented the crap out of him. I'm probably going to start getting it back in my old age. When he was about 3, I started calling him, "you smell funny." That was my name for him. He would get so mad and shout that he didn't smell funny! Then he would go crying to my grandmother and she would really get on my case for making him cry. His dad is about 14 years older than I and I was raised in the same house with him. He used to torment me when I was a small child, so, I guess it's a family tradition to pick on the smaller one!

My Rebate! Rebate! software just disappeared from my computer, so, I have no idea what rebates I have outstanding, how much to expect, or any details of what I have done in the past. I don't have any idea what happened to it; it just disappeared. I guess that means I'll just get "surprises" in the mail for a while.

No comments: