Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm over it.

O.K. I'm over it. I'm not doing the K-Mart double coupon up to $2 each. Ouch! Just typing the words hurts. Besides what I'm giving for Christmas, I have 84 bottles of body wash. Everything else in HBA is not far behind that number. I am not going to K-Mart. I am not going to K-Mart. Repeat after me...

I took my friend out for her birthday lunch today. We ate late and so much that dinner was completely out of the question. I'm afraid the Romano's boxed dinner is off until tomorrow. I brought most of my chicken piccata home and fed it to the cats. Really, this restaurant we went to gets rave reviews but there was nothing on my plate or hers that I liked. They had too many flavors all rambled up together. I guess I just like "plain" food, or at least, more plain than what they serve. Even the dessert had too much going on in it. I told the waiter that we were celebrating a birthday and he promised something special; we got zip. I'm regretting the $60 I spent. I just wish I'd picked a better restaurant. I don't think she enjoyed it very much, either. I really wanted her to have a good time and something special to remember. We go back a ways; I'm 52 and she taught me how to drive when I was 14. Thank goodness her mother never found out about that!

No comments: