Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm a bit over budget, again.

I just couldn't resist the call of the Michael Angelo's. I bought 14 and spent $18.52. That has put me over budget by about $9.

I've been making progress on using up leftovers from the past few nights. I have a bit of spaghetti sauce left and a chicken breast. I surprised myself. I didn't know I could prepare such a tasty chicken dish. I think it was the pineapple slices on top that made it special.

I usually make a lot of goodies for the holidays for my friends and family. I have an awful lot of ingredients in the house. There may be one or two things I need, but, overall, I think I can do my Christmas baking, no problems. Oh, I think the only thing I'm going to need to buy is cream cheese. I think it will be on sale sometime between now and Thanksgiving. I know that Walgreens sometimes has it for about $1 a brick. I'd rather have a coupon to double!

I feel like I need to apologize for going over budget. After all, it was for stockpile items and the whole point of this challenge is to use up what I have and not stockpile more. Please understand what a burden it is sometimes to prepare a meall for only one. These single serve entrees are just exactly right for me so much of the time. Those of you who live alone know what I mean.

No comments: