Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm back.

I ran away from home, but, came back! I was out of town for a couple of days. I must confess that at one hotel, they had a snack shop and a Stouffer's lasagna in the freezer case. I didn't really want to go out to find something else, so, I paid FULL PRICE for this single serve entree. I know. I'm a bad girl. I also bought a candy bar at FULL PRICE at the other hotel. I promise never to let that happen again!

I'm trying to clear out some space in the freezer before I redeem my Michael Angelo's BOGOF Qs. I"m definitely going to stock up on those soon. I'm out of bread again. I was at the store to pick up a couple of items today and I forgot that. I guess tomorrow I'll have to make another trip to the store for bread. I hate that when I forget something. Gas is way too expensive to be running to the store every day or two for a forgotten item. Of course, when I buy a loaf of bread, I will have to go back to the dreaded grilled cheese sandwich. I'm never going to get through all that free cheese from last August. It's multiplying, I swear.

I have not been feeling well lately and really cooking dinner is just out of reach for me right now. I'm thinking that a bit of cheese and some crackers will have to suffice for dinner tonight.

In case you didn't know this, I have a tip for you. Whenever you have crackers of any kind, including graham crackers, that have gone stale, don't throw them out. Place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake at about 250 degrees for about 10 minutes. Take them out and let them cool completely. They will be as crispy as the day they were made. Be sure to let them cool. They will be mushy when you take them out of the oven while they are still warm. Yeah, you're right. I was looking ahead to cheese and crackers tonight when I found out my crackers were stale. Now I have a bag full of very crispy crackers.

To recap what I have left for the month: I started with $60.76 to spend, I have gotten $9.77 in rebates and I have spent $37.34. That leaves $33.19 for the rest of the month plus any of the GC balances I still have. I think I have $26 in CVS ECB. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape for the month.

The weather is turning so about now is a good time for me to see what I have in the soup category. I'm sure I have plenty in the pantry. Hey, that might be what I'll have to break out of the grilled cheese rut I've been in. Or maybe, soup AND a grilled cheese sandwich. Hmm, I'll have to think about that.

No comments: