Monday, October 20, 2008

I did a little shopping today, but, still under budget.

I told you that I had some great BOGOF Qs on Michael Angelo's single serve entrees. I bought 10 today, as well as milk and bread. I then went to Walgreens to take advantage of the BOGOF Dixie Ultra plates and bowls. I had a Q for a free 2L soda when buying 2 Dixie products. That's not exactly a grand slam, but, it's at least a double or triple. You see that I really do think baseball all the time.

I started this month out with $60 + the .76 I had left from last month and I've added $9.77 that I have received in rebates. So, I have $70.53 to work with. Here's a recap of what I've done so far this month:

$65.90 oop
$99.36 coupon use

I have $4.63 left in "real" money. I also have about $23 on my CVS GC and I have $26 in ECB, too. I have depleted my Walgreens GC and I only have about $2.20 left on my Rite Aid GC.

I know that the whole purpose of this challenge is to see how far my stockpile will take me. Buying 10 single serve entrees may seem like stockpiling; however, I have been in poor health lately and rarely have enough energy to cook a real meal. I've lost an enormous amount of weight and if it weren't for single serve entrees in the freezer, I'd be eating a lot less than I am even now. So forgive me for relying so much on "easy" food to prepare.

I made spaghetti last night for dinner. I used a baggie of meatballs from the freezer, a jar of sauce from stockpile, and pasta from stockpile. I also had a 1/2 of a garlic loaf in the freezer, so, I put that in the oven to go with my Italian meal.

I'm making more iced tea and drinking cokes a bit less. I have 89 boxes of quart sized tea bags, 24-30 bags per box. Definitely have to drink more tea, less coke. I really am trying to use more stuff that I already have!

Another reason why I can't cook right now; my kitchen sink is clogged and I have tried everything I know to get the clog to move. I've used a 1/2 a bottle of lye and I've used the plunger until I break out in sweat. I'm going to have to work a little harder today to get it fixed. In the meantime, I can't wash any dishes if I can't get the sink to drain. I realize that I'm really reaching for an excuse not to cook, but, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cooler weather is about to get here and I think that soon I will start thinking of preparing soup for lunch or dinner (or both). That's one thing I have plenty of in the pantry. I really do have enough food to last for quite a while. I'll just keep on meeting the challenge as much as possible.

No comments: