Friday, January 9, 2009

The Fine Print Got Me

I had some Bi-Lo Qs for a $20 GC when you transfer a prescription. The coupon says, in part, "limit of one prescription, per person, per day, per visit." Now, that sounds to me like I can do one a day for as many transfers as I may have. Not so, says the pharmacist. It is one per person, period. She's a personal friend of my dad's, so, I know that she would have allowed me to do one every day if that was how it was supposed to work. I trust her to be telling me the truth, but, I'm sure they are going to get a lot of flack from people who read the fine print and interpret it the way I did. It's O.K., though. I'm coming out pretty good. The prescription costs $8.72 and I'm getting a $20 grocery card. Still, I was counting on a lot more.

I received $10 in McDonald's gift certificates yesterday from a Post-It promotion. I don't really eat much fast food, but, every now and then I get a yen for some hot, fresh French fries and a coke. Oh, yes, of course I had Qs for the Post-Its!

No comments: