Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm Confessing To Unnecessary Shopping

Stopped in Walgreens today to take advantage of the free Reynolds aluminum foil (20 ft. roll, $1.69, with a .70 Wags Q and a $1 man. Q). I had noticed in the flyer that Lysol spray was only $3.50 this week, not a bad price, but, I don't need any. I did, however, have a $1.25 catalina for it and found it packaged with a free canister of Lysol wipes. You know I took advantage of that deal. Found a bottle of Karo syrup for a dime. It was included in their Christmas stuff and all of that was .10 each today. So, I spent $5.99 and used $2.85 in Qs. I also bought some of the .10 items from Christmas, but, that's a different account in my book. To be completely honest, I also bought 2 boxes of Fig Newtons. I'm going to be out of town for a couple of days and need a snack while holed up in a hotel room.

I have 3 precriptions that I can transfer to Bi-Lo this month, each of them just a few dollars and netting me a $20 GC each time. Then, next month, they will be transferred to Walgreens, netting a $25 GC for each. Actually, I only have 2 Wags Qs for GC, so, I'm a bit limited there.

I think I read or heard something about Rite Aid closing a lot of their stores this year. Does anybody have any concrete information on that? I'm holding about $46 in GC for RA and don't want to wake up one morning and find all of them in my city have closed.

I found something I really needed today on the internet. At the Land O Lakes website, they are now offering a .75 Q for a quart of 1/2 & 1/2. I was able to print 2 which should be enough as they expire 2/7/09. I'm guessing that they are good for a month from printing. I have 2 computers in the house, so, after these expire or I've used both of them, I'll use the other computer to get some more.

No comments: