Friday, January 16, 2009

I Did Very Well Today At The Grocery

I spent about $10 today, used more than $44 in Qs, and will be able to send off for $26.00 in cash rebates. At least it was all people food. The cats are in good shape for a while. So far this month, including all the cat food, I have only spent about $55 in groceries. I have used over $150 in Qs. That amount includes some GC that are store specific. I count that as Qs as they cannot be used anywhere else.

Oh, yeah. The rice pudding recipe from the Leftover Wizard. Big flop. The cats won't even eat it. My cooking is really hit or miss. That's why I rely on frozen single serve entrees so much. You recall that I was out of town for a couple of days. I had room service one night and they served a gigantic salmon fillet. I brought the rest of it home with me and served it today with a couple of veggies. Free fish, veggies with Qs, very inexpensive for a delightful lunch.

I have about $60 in rebates just waiting for them to arrive. I will be using that for groceries. I am always on the lookout for a good rebate offer. I'm not doing so many of the FAR at Walgreens and CVS since that is mostly non-food items and I'm trying really hard to not bring any HBA or stuff like that into the house.

I will be able to pick up a $25 Walgreens GC in a couple of weeks when I transfer a prescription. What a racket! Coupons abound for transferring meds around town. Next stop, Rite Aid.

No comments: