Saturday, January 3, 2009

Let The "Savings" Begin!

I find that I cannot go to the grocery store for only one item and come out with only one item. I will admit to a bit of stockpiling today. I had some really good Qs for Success Rice expiring tomorrow and while in the store, found an unadvertised special to receive a free one-pound box of spaghetti or elbow macaroni when you purchase 2 jars of Ragu. Of course, I had a Q for the Ragu or I wouldn't have done it!

In total today:

Spent: $9.70
Qs Used: $17.46

In addition, I will receive $5.88 in cash rebates from two items I purchased today.

I'm happy to say that the one item for which I went into the store, I actually remembered to buy. I realize that some of you may consider this a luxury item, but, I just will not drink coffee without real half-and-half. I did, though, buy the "house" brand instead of the more well-known brand. I'm always on the lookout for Land O' Lakes half-and-half Qs; it comes out to be less expensive than the store brand.

I'm just getting ready to prepare a large meal for lunch. I find that if I wait to prepare a substantial dinner, I've run out of energy by that time of day and usually just skip eating altogether. If I cook early in the day while I still feel well, I'll start eating better and hopefully, gain a bit of weight. I just looked around in the pantry and found everything I need for a really great veggie meal with just a bit of chicken. I really enjoy cooking when I'm feeling well enough. Thankfully, I live alone and no one else has to go hungry when I don't feel like cooking.

No comments: