Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just An Update

Considering my yearly budget for groceries, I will be spending approximately $100 per month; sometimes less, sometimes more. Here's how I've done for the first 20 days of the month.

Groceries $114.39, less $29.81 in rebates=net spending of $84.58. I have used $183.40 in Qs.

I found a recipe for vegetable beef soup somewhere recently. It caught my attention because I had all ingredients on hand. I made it today. The recipe says it makes 4 servings. It made about 18 servings. I have bowls and bowls of leftovers. I'm going to have to eat it twice a day for a week to get rid of it. I'd freeze it except I'm a bit overloaded in the freezer with Michael Angelo's single serve entrees and Green Giant boxed vegetables. I guess I could take a large bowl to my parents' house. They'll eat anything. My dad eats everything I put before him and never criticizes my cooking. He always says it's delicious. He's a great liar! Maybe I'll get around to making that carrot cake I've been thinking about lately. That would do well. I could take soup and dessert. I'll keep a slice or two of the carrot cake, but, I really don't eat things like that too much. I like baking, I just don't eat that kind of thing. Perhaps I should find another hobby!

I'm still holding about $18 in Rite Aid GC and a $4 CVS ECB. I have about $50 worth of free grocery Qs. I'm waiting to see if there's going to be a rebate on the items I can get free. I don't want to "waste" them. I would prefer to get a double play out of it.

What's the best deal you've found lately? I think the Michael Angelo's rebate this month is about the best thing I've found. There's been BOGOF printables plus a rebate for 6 single serve entrees when you host a lunch with your friends. A great deal all around since I love those things anyway. I've found out from having some leftovers that my cats will eat lasagna noodles. They don't just lick the meat sauce off; they eat tomato sauce, noodles, everything. They clean out the dish and keep looking for more. Smart cats. I'd eat other food, too, if all I got was that crunchy Chef's Blend every day.

No comments: