Sunday, January 4, 2009

I spent all of my CVS GC, but, I didn't spend any money!

I stopped in a CVS this morning, one that I do not normally shop. I found a stunning array of Christmas stuff @ 75% off. I was able to buy several gifts for next Christmas and used my GC to buy it.

On the grocery side, I received a total of $26.57 worth plus I received a $4 ECB. I paid for all of it with a GC. For those of you who have not been reading my blog from the beginning, let me repeat something. When I have a GC specific to one store, I do not count that GC as income or money received. When I use it, I count the amount I used as coupon use. So, for groceries today (including 20 double rolls of Cottonelle!):

$$ Spent: -0-
Q Use: $26.57

There is also a $2.99 cash rebate in the deal.

Some good news from yesterday; my dad dropped by just as I had finished my large meal preparation. He stayed and ate with me and I sent the rest of it home to his wife and her brother. I was able to eat well from the pantry yesterday and didn't have to stare at the leftovers! It all worked out perfectly for me. Well, almost perfectly. My dad didn't hang around to help with the dishes! The cats were a bit disappointed, too. It was a veggie meal with just a bit of chicken in the dressing. There were no meaty leftovers for them. They're very good. They watch while I eat, but, do not disturb me. When I start toward the kitchen with my plate in hand, they dance all the way to the kitchen and stop at their feed bowl to see if I put any tasty morsels in it.

No comments: