Saturday, January 9, 2010

Do Any Of You Collect Coke Points?

Off and on, I have had other people who would collect coke points for me. My cousins were pretty active for a while, helping me "pay" for their mother's Delta trip to Hawaii. I drink only Coke Classic and I've been known to stop on the side of the road to scavange for points.

I think the program has been going on for 3 years or so. They have just extended it for another year. If you are not saving coke codes, you are missing some serious stuff. If nothing else, you can exchange them for coupons for free Coke. I have mostly used mine for Delta, Hilton (no longer a member), and Holiday Inn points. I have redeemed for some coke coupons in the past.

I look at this as "money." If I can collect enough points for a free hotel night, I've made money, right? It's the same as the program I'm in where I send in my junk mail and email for gift cards. Money! It's in small increments, I admit, but, it counts up.

This year, in addition to keeping up with money spent and coupons used, I'm also keeping track of GC, RR, and ECB that I receive for no money. I don't know why I didn't think of this years ago. Just a lapse, excuse me! These things are money, make no mistake about it. They have value and can be exchanged for something you want, which is the same thing with money. You have money, you exchange it for things you want.

I'm sure that if you are reading this post, you already participate in MyPoints, Greenfield Online, Harris Polls, etc. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the number of surveys I have a chance to participate in, but, it all adds up. Were it not for these different programs, Christmas would have been a lot more bare in my family. I was able to give nieces, nephews, and cousins something of value that I had accumulated due to my participation in these programs.

We are usually looking for the big pay-off. Let's not overlook the small ones.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I agree. I just traded in my swagbucks for $25 worth of amazon.com gift cards.

vickib52 said...

Well, Tammy, I have to tell you that I will bend over to pick up a penny off the sidewalk! I consider all these sites as money makers, even when it's slow going. I'm also a big collector of frequent flyer and hotel frequent stay points. I have a co-branded credit card for nearly every program out there. I don't carry a balance usually, so, I'm not paying for the points with interest payments. I am going to Hawaii in May, on a first class ticket, and staying a week at a fancy Hilton resort, all for no money whatsoever. I will have to pay for my meals. Well, not even all that. I'm a Diamond VIP with Hilton so I get a free breakfast every morning of my stay. I have to admit, vacations are much more fun when they don't cost anything!

Unknown said...

I do collect Coke points and I do Mypoints. I stopped Greenfield and Harris Poll because I never seemed to make any money. I am signed up with lots of survey companies. I do the ones I think will lead to a product test, or just whatever ever ones I feel like doing when they come in. I get some product tests and make a little money, but not too much.
I don't actually get too many Coke points because I try not to drink soda. However, Walgreens had a deal where I got free Coke Zero and I got hooked on the points. I keep my eyes open for them in trash cans etc lol. I usually redeem mine for sweeps entries. I did get a magazine subscription once.
Kudos to you on that trip! I hear if you eat at the early bird specials (dinner at like 4pm I think) you can save quite a bundle on restaurant meals. I would have the free breakfast and early bird dinner. Then just add some healthy snacks in between and you are good to go!

vickib52 said...

Shell, it's all about the pennies, you know? I think Benjamin Franklin said, "Watch your pennies and the dollars will take care of themeselves." The survey sites are great if you are patient, but, what else do we have but time? I'm glad to know you participate in them. The best I can say about Greenfield Online is that I get an entry into their latest sweepstakes. I hardly ever qualify for a survey. That's O.K. I'm pretty lucky at sweepstakes. I've won 3 trips, a gas grill, an electric grill, in-line skates, 44,000 Delta SkyMiles, etc. etc.

I took my summer vacation this year to NH for a sweepstakes convention. I learned a few tips, but, also won a Garmin GPS, a HP photo printer, and a bunch of smaller stuff, about $500 worth of stuff. I'm hot for sweepstakes!