Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Think I'm On Track

I know it's early, really too early to tell, but, I've made it almost 1/2 the month and only spent $40. If that trend continues, I will be at about $80 for the month. If I can keep it at $83 a month for the year, I will come in at $1,000.

What would you do with 30 boxes of rotini? Other than sell at the flea market, that is! I keep browned ground beef in baggies in the freezer and plenty of pasta sauce on the shelf. What are the other possiblilities? I'm not much of a cook, to tell the truth. I'm completely overloaded with cooking magazines, books, and boxes of recipes, but, it's too much to wade through. It's the same as not having any, you know?

I earned $40 in GC from the junk mail thing I'm involved in. If you haven't signed up, you are missing real money. The usual is $20 per month. I just had a pretty good month for December. All I need is your name, address, and email address and I can get you in, "like Flynn." Old saying. If you're under 30, you've probably never heard that!

I know that I have mentioned in the past that I am disabled and receive Social Security Disability Income. I just found out that I can get my old 1930's house weatherized to the tune of $6,200 courtesy of the city. If you are over 65 or disabled, contact your local human services department for weatherization assistance. When I worked, I was on the top of my game and did everything on my own. Now that I am disabled, I have to depend on other people sometimes to get needed services. I hope this helps someone out there.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Okay Vicki,

Tell me how the junk mail thing works.

Tammy

~Adina said...

Can you give more details on the "junk mail thing" I am new to following your blog!

vickib52 said...

O.K. Send me your name, address, and email and I will get you signed up. You send to them all the junk email and snail mail that you get for insurance and financial services. In a 2-day period this week, I received over 50 pieces of insurance email. They will provide you with an email to forward your junk to and send you some pre-paid envies to send your junk snail mail to them. If you earn 2,000 points in a month, then, at the last of the month, you get a $20 GC from gifts.com. They have over 50 GC to choose from.

You can email me at vickiburtonlives@bigfoot.com with your information and I will get you signed up.

Unknown said...

You could make goulash with the rotini Vicki. It isn't real different from just meat mixed with pasta sauce, but a bit. I don't have a recipe per se, just a method. You can adapt it to suit yourself. It should freeze fine too.
Brown some ground meat with onion and garlic if desired. Drain fat and add a can of diced tomatoes (could use Rotel if you like chiles), can of tomato sauce, can of kidney beans(rinse each can with a can of water and ad to pot also). Season to taste, I usually use chili powder, parsley, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and anything else you might like to ad. Cook for a bit to marry flavors and bring to boil. Then add a few hand fulls of rotini (you can use any shape pasta you like here, I usually use elbow). Cover and cook until pasta is done. I usually keep the pasta al denta so it doesn't mush up when reheated.

Another good choice might be pasta salad. I make mine kind of like you would potato salad. For a hot pasta salad just ad whatever you like to the cooked rotini. Use any cooked veggies you like with chicken, shrimp, etc (already cooked or course). You can make you sauce out of any salad dressing you like. I usually toss my pasta with olive oil while it is hot. That keeps it from sticking and is like a sauce sort of when I add salt, pepper and parmasean cheese. HTH

vickib52 said...

Ooh! Shell is a real cook! I'm going to be hitting you up for a lot of information as I rummage around in my stockpile.