Friday, January 8, 2010

The Surgery Went Well

My mom had a quad bypass last night. She was alert and oriented to time and place this morning. I'm going to see her in about an hour. Of course, she is in SICU,so, visitation is extremely limited. She'll be in the hospital for another week, then, I guess in a rehab hospital for a couple of weeks before going home. They took out veins from her legs, back, and ribcage to form new veins for her heart. I think the surgery took about 5 hours.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. God has been merciful. My dad was able to have his chemo this morning. Last week his blood platelets were 39; today, 305. Great news! This usually knocks him on his keister for a couple of days, but, I'm sure he will be at the hospital the whole time.

Hopefully, in a couple of days, I will be back to "regular programming" of deals and steals. Right now, my family is heaviest on my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki-I am so glad things are improving with your Stepmother's heart and your dear Fathers platelets.
Prayer works. I would like to invite you to the CCS forum at HCW.
WealthyBarney.

vickib52 said...

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts, Kelly. My dad became a Christian several years ago. I'll tell you the story. He was burning brush on his property and the flames completely surrounded him and he walked out of it without a single hair being burnt. He dropped to his knees at that point. His dad was a Pentacostal preacher when he was young and he rebelled against all of that. He virtually drinks in the word of God now and is "making up for lost time" if that's a fair remark to say. None of us can ever make up time. It is spent as soon as it is received.

My step-mother was raised in the Baptist faith, but, attends the Church of God with my dad. I think that she is not as receptive to the word as he is, but, she is saved and will find a home in heaven.

I know that when my dad walks across the Jordan River, he will be met with all his loved ones. My faith is strong and I only wish him an easy passage. What better way to meet the Lord than to just dip your toe in the Jordan River and find yourself on the shores of heaven? I will rejoice when he moves on. I hate to see him suffering in pain. I know we have a lot to go through on this earth, but, I wish him Godspeed.