Friday, January 29, 2010

A Good Deal Today

I was able to purchase 4 tubs of Shedd's Spread and 4 pouches of StarKist tuna for a total of .47. At the rate I use margarine, these 4 tubs of Shedd's will last a year! I don't mind tuna salad sandwiches a few times a week, either.

I fell into the trap today. They were calling for sleet and snow and so I went to the store to get milk, etc. I just used a GC, so, I wasn't out any money. It's a good thing I did; we have so far gotten twice as much snow as predicted and it hasn't stopped yet. We don't do well with snow here. There are no snow removal vehicles and only a few sand/salt trucks. We so rarely get any significant snow that we just don't know what to do with it.

Just think; last week I was at a hotel with palm trees! Now, this!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Time to make a nice big pot of taco soup and some cornbread. Grab a good book and enjoy the down time.

vickib52 said...

That sounds like a fine recipe, Tammy! I found a really good recipe for "hamburger vegetable soup." Instead of chunks of stew meat, you use ground beef. Took a bowl out of the freezer last night. I was too lazy to make the cornbread!