Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm Getting Way Too Cocky

Wow! I've made it a half a month and only spent $40. I'm feeling really full of myself right now. I can't imagine what I might need this month except maybe milk and bread. I can handle that with Walgreens RR, I hope. The first of February requires more cat food, but, you knew that. I have a Siamese tom who eats his weight in cat food every day. I weighed him the other day; 14 pounds. He's a monster. He also chases the spayed females. I think his sniffer is broken! Maybe he's just so "in love" that he doesn't care what he chases.

My mother may be going home today, at the most, tomorrow. She is not really in any condition to be at home, but, you know how it is these days. They boot you out of the hospital no matter what condition you are in.

No time for breakfast today, Dad bought lunch at the hospital, and I don't think I want dinner tonight. Cheap day! I have a mystery shop for a meal on Sunday, so, more free food!

Do you know about mystery shopping? You can go to www.volition.com and get a wealth of information about the who, what, where, etc. I work on and off for about a dozen mystery shopping firms. I think there are about 200-250 active firms in North America. Somebody somewhere is looking for YOU to do mystery shopping. You can't make a living at it, but, it's a great way to get free meals, a hotel stay, or make a few bucks at a retail store. If you see ads that say, "Shop your favorite stores and keep what you buy," don't believe it. Most of the retail shops require you to return the items you purchased to complete the shop. Either that, or they let you keep what you buy but don't pay you anything else. I like the hotel shops. They are usually ones in a group that issues frequent stay points to use later. Points: money in the bank. I'm traveling to Hawaii in May all on points.

No comments: