Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Cheated A Little, But, Received $10 Walgreens RR

Wags had the Contour monitor for $14.99 with a $5 RR. They also had a deal when you buy $20 of Boost products, you get $5 RR. My dad drinks a 6-pack of Boost every day. My mother is in the hospital and she sent me to Wags to buy 2 packs. When I saw the deal, I bought 4 packs, had $1.50 Qs on all, and got a $5 RR for my trouble. She thought I did the right thing by getting 4 packs with the Qs. I earned $5 for my efforts.

I really messed up. I had several Tidy Cats $1 Qs expiring today and I meant to go to the store and use them. Well, I received such bad news about my mother that I never made it to the store.

My step-mother's doctor told my dad today that her heart is so compromized that there is nothing they can do for her. The doctor was upset that the other doctor hadn't told us 2 days ago and released her. She will go home tomorrow and I guess just wait to die. Her heart is 75% dead. My dad is also near death with pancreatic cancer. There's just no good news here today.

Thank you to all my readers for allowing me to vent this out. I appreciate your concern and prayers.

5 comments:

EasterFlower said...

Vicki,
Continued prayers for you, your dad and step-mom.
There's little one can say during times like these, but please know your thought fondly of by many people here on Earth and may God blanket you with comfort where ever you seek it.

Amy

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this right now. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
-Alicia

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this right now. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
-Alicia

DCMetroreader said...

I am very sorry to hear about your parents health problems. I will keep both your parents and you in my prayers.

vickib52 said...

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. They are needed and appreciated.