Sunday, January 24, 2010

I've Jump-Started My "3-A-Day" Rule

I've been up since 3:00 this morning. Just one of those days when I cannot sleep. So, I'm rambling around the house and decide that I'm going to make a huge lunch. After all, by noon, it will be about the same as dinner considering how long I've been up! Anyway, I'm using 8 stockpile items today. I'm having Hormel pork chops, a can of apple pie filling (don't you love apples with pork chops?), green beans, mac & cheese, and a lemon pound cake. Now, you understand that I will not be able to use 3 stockpile items tomorrow. I'll still be eating all of this for 3 days, at least.

The Hormel meat was BOGOF w/ a Q, the apple pie filling was BOGOF w/ a Q, green beans w/ a Q, mac & cheese, Wags Q + manu. Q, lemon cake mix was BOGOF, and lemon pudding w/ a Q. I'm not able to calculate just how much this meal has cost, it's just been too long since the items were purchased for me to remember the prices. I do know that it wasn't much.

I must confess to some stockpiling yesterday. Walgreens had Lindsay olives for .99 ea. w/ th in-ad Q and I had several $1/2 Qs. I ended up w/ 10 jars and cans of olives. I think my total for 10 was $5.67. My dad loves green olives and I like to use black olives in salads. I hope you will forgive me for my temporary lapse into stokpiling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A girl has to stockpile a bit or you would miss the thrill of it all :)
I had some good coupons on Hormel, but not bogo, wish I had those! At my local Walmart the packs are $4.98. I had several coupons for $2 off. I have discovered that the Italian beef makes really great sandwiches! The roast beef au jus is really tasty too.
Hope you enjoyed your meal.

vickib52 said...

I caught the Hormel fresh meat products BOGOF at Bi-Lo a couple of different times and I had $1 and $2 Qs each time. I have several in the freezer. I had the apple glazed pork chops this time. Oh, so tender!