Friday, January 22, 2010

I've Really Blown It With My "3-A-Day" Rule

Last year, I said that I would use 3 stockpile items every day. Boy, have I fallen down on that rule! It's impossible to use 3 non-food items every day. A bottle of shampoo or body wash lasts a long time. I haven't been cooking lately. I'm really just turned off by food right now. I hope that doesn't last too long. Sounds dangerous. I have been eating off of a family sized vegetable lasagna dinner for a few days. Can't tell you how glad I'll be when it's gone. I'm not going to throw any of it away, though.

I was out of town for a few days on business, so, I'll use that as my excuse for not eating in and using stockpile items.

Maybe after the lasagna is gone, I'll hop back on the taco merry-go-round. You know what I mean; none of the ingredients are used up at the same time. You have to keep opening something new to go with the old and so on.

I should really try to use up some canned soup and chili. I'm overloaded with stuff like that. I'm not even going to look at the expiration dates!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

We are pretty well stocked up on soup also. I filled the pantry before hurricane season started. We aren't real big canned soup eaters.

vickib52 said...

Hi, Tammy. I'm not really against canned soup as much as I just find it uninteresting. I did use 2 items today; a can of Hormel chili and a box of cornbread mix. I think I can stand to eat the chili again tomorrow; I have sour cream and shredded cheese to go with it.

Hurricane season, huh? You must live in FL. I love FL, but, can only take it for a few days at a time. The humidity is actually worse there than at my house and I thought I had it bad.

Tammy said...

Hi Vicki,

We live in Texas. After Ike, I want to make sure we are ready for anything. We were without power for 10 days. We actually enjoyed it. My husband was at his companies command center the whole time. Me and the kids felt a little like we were camping out. It was nice being unplugged with them.