Tuesday, September 2, 2008

20 boxes of cereal, no milk!

I reported yesterday that I took advantage of the Kellogg's rebate offer and bought 20 boxes of cereal. Of course, it made me want to open one, but, NO MILK! I had to make a quick trip to the grocery today for milk, nothing else.

I did a lot of housework today, very unusual for me. I am not a domestic goddess. Anyway, didn't get around to using those 2 new recipes I found to use up that leftover chicken. Will definitely do tomorrow. As I was rambling around the kitchen this morning, I spied some shrimp in a ziploc bag. I put it in the fridge to thaw. Just had a marvelous dinner of nothing but a 1/2 pound of shrimp and a glass of wine. I thought I was at the beach.

My dad was here today. We shared a big sandwich of meat and cheese that I had purchased yesterday with a $2 Q. He supplied the tomato for the sandwich. It was nice to visit with him and have someone to join me in a meal, even if it was just a sandwich.

One of my trading buddies is sending me some $2/2 Haagen-Dazs. It's on sale for $3 per pint at Walgreens this week. I think I will stock up. I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to stockpile, but, really, is having some ice cream on hand considered stockpiling? After all, it won't last long! I think it goes without saying that it is something that I will not be sharing!

Oh, I spent $4.46 today for milk. I require Lactaid for lactose intolerance. It jumped 5% in price since last week. I did get a nickel off for bringing my own cloth bag. That's the same as a Q, right?

No comments: