Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I blew it! You can beat me up over it.

There was a deal so good at my double coupon grocery that I had to do it; I bought 10 lbs. of Hormel Black Label bacon. After Qs, I paid $21.73 for 10 packages. I have gone over my budget by $10.85; however, I still have some outstanding rebates. If they come in before the end of the month, it might pull me out of the hole.

I talked to my neighbor this morning. He really went on and on about the chicken I cooked last night. He had to know what the coating was. When I told him that it was French's fried onions, he said he would have to try that sometime. I was cooking breast tenderloins and didn't really know how long to bake them, so, I just guessed. I put them in a 400 degree oven for 14 minutes. It was perfect! They were done through and through, but, still very moist and juicy. For once in my life, I didn't overcook the chicken.

As I mentioned before, I have to fast tomorrow, then have a surgical procedure on Thursday. I'm just going to forage out of the fridge today. I'm not going to cook anything.

A big thank you to the person who told me about using the French's fried onions to coat the chicken. It was a big hit.

No comments: