Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm swimming in Haagen-Dazs

I had an unpleasant experience at a Walgreens last week and I complained to corporate. The manager called to smooth things over with me. I went back to the store to meet with her. She said she was going to give my a GC as an apology. I was expecting maybe $25; her idea of "I'm sorry" is a $10 GC. Anyway, I spent it all on Haagen-Dazs with those $2/2 Qs out right now. I'm in Atlanta right now and they have the 4 oz size of HD ice cream for $1 ea. The Q says $2/2 pints, but, I tried using them with the 4 oz and the register didn't beep. I now have 10 pints and 12 4oz cups.

I'll be here overnight. I really didn't want to fool with going out to dinner. There's too much baseball on TV this afternoon and tonight. While at Kroger scooping up all the ice cream, I bought a single-serve entree to microwave for dinner. I think I spent $2.68 of "real" money as well as $12 in Qs for the ice cream. Breakfast here is complimentary and usually pretty good.

I promise, I'm really going to buckle down next week and do some real meal planning and preparation. I'm going to use stockpile items and enjoy it! It's so easy to say and so hard to do. There's no excuse for me to go to the store again this month except for cat food.

No comments: