Monday, September 8, 2008

I did really well today at the grocery.

I had to buy cat food, no way around it. I had a $5 off a $40 order at the grocery and I only had about $40 left for the month. The subtotal was $43, I was able to use that $5 Q, then all the other Qs I had for everything else. Bottom line: $22.71. I think I am up to $46.04 spent this month, starting out with $50.42, so, I have, hm, $4.38 left. I also splurged and bought some shrimp. They were BOGOF and at my store, you can buy only one item and get it 1/2 price, so, I bought one bag. And still, I had 1/2 off my whole order in Qs. The cats are taken care of for the month and I can't think of a thing I need to buy for myself.

I also went to CVS. I know, I know, I promised not to chase the deals there, but, I fell off the wagon. The Right Guard deodorant was $2.99 w/ a $2 ECB. I had $1 Qs. I bought the limit, 5, and a couple of other items. I used a GC, so, no money oop. I now have $10 ECB to use later.

I just redeemed more MyPoints for another $25 CVS GC. They say to expect it in 2-6 weeks. Wow, don't they even know how long it takes to process it? That's a big window.

Well, tonight it's chicken breast tenderloins. I might fry it. I had some chicken tenderloins at Chick-Fil-A last week and they were really good. I don't know if I can do as good a job as they do, though.

I don't want to rub it in, but, that fried okra last night was fantastic. I'm pretty much weaned off of fried foods, but, sometimes I have to give in. When I was growing up, my grandmother fried everything. I'm not kidding. She could fry just about every vegetable. We'd even have fried corn. No joke!

O.K. Just had to add this note. I used a package of chicken breast tenderloins from the freezer, 2 cans of French's fried onions as the crumb crust for the chicken, some whole grain brown rice, a can of southwest veggies (I'm not really sure what it was), broccoli, and rolls. Everything from stockpile or freezer. Nothing from the store recently. Oh, yeah, and a sliced tomato from my dad's garden. He says the season's over and he's pulling up the vines tomorrow. I shared with my neighbor and I was able to cook just about enough for two. I do have one tenderloin left which I will probably have for lunch tomorrow. All in all, a good stockpile dinner.

No comments: