Thursday, September 18, 2008

Do you think this is "legal?"

O.K. I'm over budget by $10.85. In the past couple of days, I have traded some Qs for pphf to the tune of $5.10. Since this "income" was produced by Qs, is it "legal" for me to apply that amount to my budget overage? I've thought about it and I don't see a problem. I do have to sometimes make up the rules as I go because there have been situations that I didn't anticipate when I started back in June. If it seems like it is in the spirit of the challenge, then I am only over by $5.75.

I know that every time I say I'm going to do spaghetti that night, something happens and I don't. Same thing happened yesterday. I had Emeril's sauce on the kitchen counter to remind me and when I opened the freezer to get a bag of ground beef, I saw shrimp. Oh! You have no idea how much I love that. So, the spaghetti got pushed aside and I had about a dozen shrimp for dinner. Nothing else, just that.

I also found a Stouffer's meatloaf in the freezer the other day. It's one of those family size packages. I'm thinking about meatloaf tonight with mashed potatoes (boxed, stockpile), some peas (cans on the shelf or the frozen ones, stockpile), maybe some apple sauce (stockpile), but, unfortunately, no dinner rolls. Sister Schubert's are all gone. Oh, wait. I have several tubes of Pillsbury crescent rolls. Whew! That was close. I'm still working on that Key lime cheesecake. Sounds like a plan.

I feel like a fortune teller. I can see a grilled cheese sandwich in my near future, like maybe lunch today!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think you can do whatever makes you happy!! You are doing pretty good on your budget.. and all budgets ae adjustable!

Lisa
Cents To Save

vickib52 said...

Thanks, Lisa. I just don't want to look like I'm "changing" the rules in the middle of the game. I think there's a difference when I am just trying to figure out what is in the spirit of the challenge. Thanks for your support on this one.