Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dinner was a success.

I used quite a bit of stockpile last night for dinner; a Stouffer's meatloaf, a can of peas, a pouch of instant mashed potatoes, a jar of applesauce, leftover mac&cheese, and some Pillsbury crescent rolls. My neighbor made out like a bandit! I have quite a bit of the meatloaf left, so, I suppose I will eat leftovers for a couple of days. The Stouffer's actually comes in 6 mini-loaves of meat. They cook much faster in the microwave that one big one, and it's more portion control friendly.

I received another $1.55 in pphf for some Qs I traded. I've decided that the money I receive for trading Qs is "legal" to use to reduce my over-budget condition. That means that now I am only over by $4.20. I'm feeling much better about the month now that the balance sheet doesn't look so bad!

Living alone, HBA products seem to last a long time. Since I started the challenge in June, I've only dipped into the stockpile a few times for body wash, facial cleanser, maybe a couple of other things. That's where I really need to use, use, use!

I'm going to have to remember to go to TGI Friday's for lunch a couple of times in the near future. I have (2) certificates for a free appetizer. You don't have to buy anything else to redeem them. They expire soon and I'd really hate to lose them.

I still have a freezer full of chicken breasts, so, after the meatloaf is gone, I guess I'll be scouting out a new chicken recipe. Any suggestions are appreciated.

No comments: