Sunday, September 14, 2008

I wasn't so bad after all.

A few days ago, I bought a bag of shrimp. I was able to get it 1/2 off regular price and I had a $1 Q for it. I divided it into 3 portions and put them in the freezer. I was just wondering how much I splurged and when I figured the cost plus tax and minus Q, I spent $2.81 per serving. Now, I think that's a respectable amount of money to spend on a generous serving of shrimp. Breaking it down to that level, I don't feel nearly so badly about buying it.

I noticed recently that you can now get "whole grain" fig newtons. Now, why would anybody mess with a perfectly good fig newton and try to make it "healthier," or whatever they're trying to do with it? Geez, can't I just have a cookie without being reminded that it's not the healthiest thing for me to eat?

No comments: