Friday, September 5, 2008

I've been AWOL for a few days.

My apologies. I've been under the weather for a few days.

I'm off my grilled cheese sandwich kick, at least, for a while. Y'all knew I'd get tired of that soon enough. I had a great Q on deli meat last Monday, so, now I'm enjoying turkey and swiss sandwiches.

I hate like all heck to admit this, but, I left that leftover chicken just a little too long. I decided that it had to be thrown out. The cats loved it, but, I wanted to kick my own butt for not using it soon enough. I'm still going to try those new recipes I found on the Leftover Wizard, but, I can used canned chicken, which I have absolutely "goo-gobs" of. You do know that "goo-gob" is an actual numerical designation, don't you? I think it means "more than you can count."

I have a Walgreens GC and I'm going to use quite a bit of it before Sunday. They have Haagen-Dazs ice cream for $3 a pint. I have a lot of $2/2 Qs on that. I've lost a lot of weight lately, more than is healthy, so, I can safely eat the ice cream without worrying about extra pounds.

I know this blog is supposed to be about using stockpile, maximizing coupons, and saving. Just a little off-topic for a moment, though; I am having a colonoscopy on 9/11. I am past 50 and I know that I should have done it years ago. It just seems so "unfriendly." I have a history of ulcerative colitis, thankfully, no flare-ups in many years, but, the damage has been done to my colon. If you are 50 or older and have never had this done, you really should. Colon cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death in the US and it is one of the most preventable kinds of cancer that we know of.

Now, back to our regular programming.

I didn't realize just how fast I can go through an 18 lb bag of cat food. It's time to buy once again. If my calculations are correct, I have spent $14.14 in "real" money this month, leaving me with $35.86. I may have to blow it all at once; I have a $5 off $40 purchase Q at Bi-Lo. I hope that means $40 before Qs. If that's the case, I can do pretty well with it. I was able to get a couple of good Qs on Purina. The Q pictures some varieties of Purina, but, not the Friskies, which was bought by Purina in the past few years and I would think, technically, Friskies is a variety of Purina. I guess I'll find out.

No comments: