Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm having fried okra tonight!

For those of you unfortunate enough to have been born somewhere other than the south, you do not know the ecstacy of fried okra. My dad had given me some several days ago and I just hadn't gotten around to cooking it. It's in the fry pan right now, the aroma wafting throughout the house. It's simple enough; cut okra into fairly thin slices, coat in a mixture of flour and cornmeal, season with salt and pepper, pour some vegetable oil in a skillet, and then, and then, you get this delicious dish. I'm rather embarrassed to say that I'm not making anything to go with it. When I eat fried okra, I tend to go overboard. I didn't want to have anything else on my plate to detract from this delicacy.

I'm taking some chicken out of the freezer this evening, so, I will be forced to do something with it tomorrow night. I have so many side dishes in my stockpile; potatoes, pasta, and rice of every flavor and description. Surely I can find something to compliment the chicken. I might even have ice cream for dessert. Who would have thought that?!

I'm going to have to buy cat food tomorrow. Those little critters eat like horses! The two kittens are growing bigger by the day. They need a lot of food. The two older females need to keep their "girlish" figures.

Beginning on Wednesday, I will not be able to eat anything. I can have clear liquids that day, then, in the evening, start the colon cleansing process. I shudder to think of the taste of that stuff you have to drink. The procedure is Thursday and I have a feeling that I will do nothing but come home and go to bed afterwards. Look for very light eating for a couple of days after that.

No comments: